YMCA Youth Dance Fall 2019
The Grand Lake Family YMCA will offer fall dance lessons for youth 5 years to 18 years of age. Lyrical and Contemporary styles will be taught in each class by dance instructor Kaylee Wallace. Registration will begin July 6 and will continue through August 16, 2019.
Monday, August 12th at 6:30 pm Kaylee will have an open house for interested participants and their parents/guardians to hear about the program and to ask any questions you might have.
Classes will begin the week of August 19th, and will be held in the YMCA upstairs fitness studio.
Monday, August 19th, 8 years to 12 year olds class time 6:30 - 8:00 pm.
Tuesday, August 20th, 5 years to 7 year olds class time 5:30 - 7:00 pm.
Tuesday, August 20th, 13 years to 18 years of age class time 7:00 -8:30 pm.
Monthly YMCA members $50 (due the first class of every month)
Monthly non-members $60 (due the first class of every month)
Shirt $15 (must be paid for at time of registration)
Recital costumes $70 this is for all thier costumes one flat payment (due by November 5th, 2019)
Pay in full $285 (pays for all classes, shirts and costumes for the full semester)
*Participants will need dance paws you can get at walmart or amazon and a black sleeveless dance leotard.
If you have any questions feel free to call or text Kaylee Wallace 918-801-8705.
Y Youth Basketball
This program is designed for boys and girls ages 5-12. Season begins in November and concludes in February. Practices can begin after teams are drafted. Games will begin after Christmas break. Practices will begin after teams are formed, days and times of practices will be left up to the volunteer coaches to arrange. All Games will be played on Saturday mornings to early afternoon.
Players are divided into the following divisions:
5-6 year old co-ed
7-8 year old girls
7-8 year old boys
9-10 year old girls
9-10 year old boys
11-12 year old girls
11-12 year old boys
Cost: Members: $40, Non-Members: $65
Y Youth Soccer
Soccer is the perfect sport to get your child involved in no matter what age they are. We emphasize fair play and safety first. The YMCA soccer program is progressive with age appropriate rules to help teach the game and keep it fun at every level. Our soccer program focuses on sportsmanship, teamwork and teaching the basic skills of soccer through games and drills. This program is for boys and girls 3 to 10 years of age and offered in the Fall and Spring. All teams are coed. All Games are played on Saturdays at the Grove Sports Complex. Players are divided into four divisions:
3-4 year olds
5-6 year olds
7- 8 year olds
9-10 year olds
*Register July 1st through August 19th for the Fall Season!
Contact Dallas Sorrels for more information at 918-786-5774.
Welcome fall fun with passes and touchdowns, minus the helmets, pads and tackles. Young football players are introduced to the fundamentals of the game. Players are led by Y volunteers in drills and games that teach the basic offensive and defensive skills and positions of football. Players will have fun while developing an appreciation for sports and physical activity. EVERY CHILD PLAYS!!!! Players are divided by age into two divisions: 4 year olds - 6 year olds and 7 year olds - 9 year olds. The YMCA reserves the right to change the age divisions based on the ages and number of you that sign up for the program. All games are played on Tuesday evenings. Each child will receive a shirt and award. Family involvement is encouraged as volunteer coaches, officials and timekeepers. Contact Dallas Sorrels for more information at 918-786-5774.
Children will participate in swimming, sports, indoor and outdoor games, arts and crafts, field trips and much more! A sack lunch, tennis shoes, and towel are needed each day. The Y will provide snacks and water for participants. Please see the welcome center at the Y for more information, or call Betsy Brown, Childcare Director at 417-592-0099.
Early Pick-Up: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Regular Pick-Up: 7:30am - 6:00pm
M: $68 per week M: $83 per week
PP: $83per week PP: $98 per week
· Registration begins May 1st. This program is for children ages 5-12, and is licensed by Oklahoma DHS. A one-time registration fee of $25 per child. The child must be registered on the Friday prior to the upcoming week they are attending, or a $10 late fee will be applied.
· Current and up to date immunization records are required at the time of registration. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Please allow 5 business days for financial assistance approval. Tribal assistance is accepted from most tribes, and requires prequalifying with the tribe before participants can attend!
Session 1: TBA
Session 2: TBA
Session 3: TBA
Session 4: TBA
Make up days are on Fridays
Session Times (Mon. through Thurs. )
8:30-9:00 a.m.: Pike, Pike, Eel
9:05-9:35 a.m.: Polliwog, Guppy, Fish
9:40-10:10 a.m.: Pike, Eel, Ray
10:15-10:45 a.m.: Polliwog, Guppy, Minnow, Fish
Dues: Members: $30, Community Participants: $40
Ages 3-5: Pike, Eel, Ray
Ages 6-12: Polliwog Guppy, Minnow, Fish
Ages 3 - 5 years old
- PIKE: The Pike class is for beginning swimmers. They will learn adjustment skills in the shallow and deep end, front and back floats, kicking and some swimming. PRE-REQS: None. TO PASS: They must be able to kick and blow bubbles, kick one length with kickboard, back float (10 sec) and swim 10 feet independently.
- EEL: The Eel class is for children well adjusted to the water. PRE-REQS: Pass Pike skills. SKILLS INTRO: Eels will learn more independent floating, diving, and swimming. TO PASS: They must swim one length on front and back independently, do front and back float (15 sec) and master sitting dives.
- RAY: The Ray class is intended for the advanced pre-school swimmer. PRE-REQS: Pass Eel skills. SKILLS INTRO: Emphasis will be placed on endurance and learning more advanced strokes. TO PASS: They must float (one min) on front and back, swim two lengths front and back crawl, master sitting, kneeling, and standing dives and swim one length front crawl with rotary breathing.
Ages 6-12 years old
- POLLIWOG: The Polliwog class focuses on water adjustment. PRE-REQS: None SKILLS INTRO: Front and back floating, gliding, swimming and rhythmic and rotary breathing. TO PASS: They must do a front and back float (15 sec), glide and flutter kick one length on back and front, show rhythmic and rotary breathing and increased confidence.
- GUPPY: The Guppy class focuses on continuing to develop basic skills. PRE-REQS: Pass Polliwog or equivalent skills. SKILLS INTRO: Survival floats, treading water, development of front and back crawl, sitting dives, and sculling. TO PASS: Front and back float (1min), tread water (30 sec), swim on front one length, swim front crawl with rotary breathing. • MINNOW: The Minnow class focuses on stroke introduction. PRE-REQS: Pass Guppy or equivalent skills. SKILLS INTRO: Treading water with scissor kick, kneeling and standing dives, front and back crawl, and rescue breaths. TO PASS: Survival float (3 min); tread with scissor kick (30 sec), sitting, kneeling, and standing dives, and front and back crawl one length.
- FISH: The Fish level focuses on endurance and stroke enhancement. PRE-REQS: Pass Minnow or equivalent skills. SKILLS INTRO: Breast stroke kick, elementary backstroke, dolphin kick, advanced sculling, underwater swimming, surface dives. TO PASS: Survival float (6 min); tread 3-5 min. using breaststroke and sidestroke kick and others. Breast stroke, side stroke dolphin kick two lengths, front and back crawl two lengths, demonstrate rescue breathing and first aid.
Parent-Child Swim Lessons
This program is designed for children 6 months to 2 years old and their parents. This program introduces children to a safe aquatic environment with developmentally appropriate skills, teaching children to become comfortable in the water and start swimming with the comfort of their parent by their side.
Session Date: TBA
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00am to 11:30am. Dates to be announce